Sunday, January 22, 2012

Scattergories

((So this isn't a sketch to illustrate a random thought...this is a story from last night. I shared it with a bunch of my pregnant ladies as I am blaming pregnancy brain on this one...I blogged this elsewhere so I thought I'd copy and paste it here, since I am so amazing at keeping this blog updated.))

So...I'm playing Scattergories with my family. For those of you who don't know, basically you have a list of topics/categories (i.e. 1 "girls name", 2 "things in a purse/wallet" and so on...), then you pick a letter (let's say "J") and all your answers for the categories must start with that letter (Jane, Jewelry, etc.). You have a time limit to fill out 12 categories. Matching words with another player gets that word canceled out, and you do not get a point.

So, we roll a "W"...first category was "famous females". So I fill out "Whitney Houston" for the first one...

That's when things went wrong.
Click image for larger version



Name: scattagories.jpg

Views: 42

Size: 41.3 KB

ID: 328291

Notice the flaw in this picture?

We got to reading our answers, and my brother in law says "what did you get for 2, medicines/drugs?" and I proudly look at him and say "Medicinal Marijuana"....Thing is, if you get a 2 word answer with the same letter, you get double points.

He says, "That's great. But the letter is 'W'".

So I look at my list and see that, somewhere between 1 and 2, my brain switched gears entirely and assumed the letter was "M". I have no idea why, when, or how...but it happened.

And the worst part? After I filled out my list (and I was cocky too, since it's hard to fill out the entire list within the time limit), I went back to 1 and got to thinking how Whitney Houston might be a popular name, so I changed it to Wynona Rider...which is clearly not an M. And, again, this was after I just answered with all my M words.

I laughed. I laughed so hard through reading all my answers that tears were rolling down my face. It went something like this:

"For machines, I put Washing machine"
"Winnebago"
"Darn, I also put washing machine"
"Motorcycle" I would say sheepishly...and immediately burst into fits of uncontrollable laughter

After we finished reading our lists, I stood up and said, "good thing I have been doing my kegals--otherwise I might have pissed myself right now."

No comments:

Post a Comment